The shoulder and elbow are often the weakest joints, and are commonly affected by lifestyle and physical activity. Pain and soreness caused by overuse, trauma, and/or degenerative conditions such as arthritis can affect your lifestyle, limit your activity and even cause you to sleep poorly.
Dr. Pevny evaluates, diagnoses and performs non-surgical as well as surgical treatment for all shoulder, elbow and upper extremity pain. By seeking treatment at the first signs of pain, you can often avoid surgery. If your pain is diagnosed early it can often be eliminated through the help of strengthening exercises and physical therapy. Pain that persists often needs further testing and advanced, minimally invasive surgical repair. When surgery is needed, we use the most state-of-the-art techniques and offer a full spectrum of care to assist our patients. Surgery is always paired with physical therapy and strengthening exercises to assure patients full recovery and a return to normal activity.
Common Shoulder/Elbow Injuries
- Clavicle Fractures
- Dislocated or Frozen Shoulder
- Elbow (Olecranon) Bursitis
- Labral Tear
- Lateral Epicondylitis or Tennis Elbow
- Medial Apophysitis or Little Leaguer’s Elbow
- Medial Epicondylitis or Golfer’s Elbow
- Osteochondritis Dissecans of the Elbow or Bone Chip
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Shoulder Separation and Subluxation